Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mini Review on Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D/MGSSE3D for short...yeesh

Snake got old, and not even a bottle of
Regain can cure his ills
I played the Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D demo yesterday on my 3DS and I was reminded of why I stopped playing the series at around this time on the PS2.  Having to hide in a log, being spotted because of the clunky camera, or being killed because you keep facing the wrong direction while trying to crawl into a hole are still some nightmare inducing and frustrating qualities that this series never fixed.  
Maybe I'm spoiled by Sam Fisher, but Snake just got too old.
On the plus side, the 3D graphics are quite impressive and being able to make camo out of photographs is a fun diversion.  In the end, these console exclusive gimmicks fall short and fail to fix all the glaring gameplay issues with this title.  I may pick this up if it hits bargain bins at some point, but for now, I'll just save my cash for Tekken and Kid Iccarus: Uprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment