Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Journal Entry for 1/3/11

Welcome to my dedicated journal blog.  I figured I'd keep Multiples Of Zero free from too much clutter.  Today was yet another slow gaming day.  I plan to buckle down with a solid eight hours tomorrow.  Picked up a couple of new games today, so I should have plenty to keep me busy for the time being.

Game played: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Didn't get much accomplished today.  Got to the Eldin Volcano and explored for a bit after some Rupee and Gratitude Crystal collecting.  Caught a couple of new bug species and scanned and wasted a couple of new enemies.  I have a banded wooden shield, so I plan on going back to the sky to purchase the metal shield from the Bazaar so as not to get mine burned to a crisp.  Need about 25 more Rupees to make the 100 required for the buy.
 



Game played: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (DS)
Picked this one up for my 3DS today.  It's really a great mix of two of my favorite things: Dragon Quest and Pokemon.  You really can't go wrong.  Caught a few creatures to add to my starter Bag O' Laughs and get my army started including two Slimes, Stump Chump, Dracky, Muddy Hand, Swarmtroop, Lips, Hell Hornet and Scissor Beatle.  Defeated the first boss within the worm that ate Rory.  Have my main party all around Lv.13 and feeling nice and powered up after quite a bit of grinding.  Headed to the third area on the map tomorrow.

Game played: Final Fantasy III (Wii Virtual Console)
Starting this gem back up made me remember why I love this game so much.  I really like that games played on the Virtual Console still look fairly decent on my HDTV.  Got the game started and so far I've rescued Terra with Locke and the Moogles, and headed to Castle Figaro to meet up with Edgar.  Got attacked by Kefka and fled via Chocobo to South Figaro where I had my first encounter with Shadow.  Will meet up with Bannon on my next play.  Can't wait for my first encounter with Ultros at the opera house!!

Game Played: Punch-Out!! (Wii)
Borrowed this one a couple of days ago and finally got it in the system!  Started up a new career and plowed through the Minor Circuit by beating the tar out of Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Disco Kid, and King Hippo.  Took me two tries to beat Hippo.  He's still a real pain...started the Major Circuit and beat up Piston Hondo before midnight struck.  I'm playing this one with just a sideways Wiimote so as not to wake the wife with flailing limbs.  Gonna take on Bear Hugger next.

No comments:

Post a Comment